My Guide Website?
From York: Yorkshire Moor Coast, Cliff & Whitby Private Tour
See England's most beautiful and unexplored county, Yorkshire, aboard a Luxury Mercedes. View ancient villages, castles, The North York Moors National Park, and the capital of fish & chips, Whitby.
- Marvel at ancient landmarks and cities on a guided tour in Yorkshire county
- Admire stunning high moor and cliff scenery while travelling between stops
- Explore ancient monasteries and villages at different stops along the way
- Relax in a supremely comfortable vehicle with big windows for great photos
- Enjoy a special guided tour of the sublimely beautiful English countryside
DescriptionExperience one of England's most beautiful and unexplored counties, Yorkshire, while relaxing inside of a luxury Mercedes. See various of the county's highlights, like ancient villages and castles, Whitby (the capital of fish and chips), and the North York Moors National Park. Meet your guide when you are picked up in your supremely safe and comfortable Mercedes V-class vehicle. Be whisked away through the beguiling medieval streets of York on your way to the first stop in the ancient town of Helmsley. View the ruins of Hemsley Castle, depicted in the famous painting by Joseph Mallord William Turner. Peruse local shops or stop for a fine Yorkshire Cake and a cup of tea. Move on to the otherworldly North York Moors National Park. Watch as the scenery changes on the journey across the moors, and admire the remarkable views while drawing closer to Yorkshire's rugged coastline, where James Cook first voyaged out to sea. Continue on to the coastal town of Whitby, where you can see the dramatic gothic ruins of Whitby Abbey, which famously inspired Bram Stoker's 'Dracula'. Enjoy some free time to explore the sights and attractions of Whitby, either on your own or with your guide, who will be happy to accompany you to the hidden charms of this ancient town. Leave Whitby and travel up one of the steepest inclines in the Moors, included on the Tour de Yorkshire in 2014. Move swiftly to the idyllic village of Goathland, noted for its charming station on the North York Moors Steam Railway. Catch sight of magnificent steam trains thundering through if you are lucky. Cross the moors and take in some beautiful views of the extraordinary landmarks created by glaciers as they scored and chiseled the land during the last ice age, before making your way back to the ancient city of York. Be taken straight to your hotel or take a brief, optional walking tour (free of charge) to see the city's ancient walls to finish off the day.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop off Snacks for the day (top brand crisps, sweets chocolates, non-alcoholic drinks)
- The route we use can always be adjusted to suit weather conditions We will only ever make changes to the program for the given weather/road situations etc Weather can change quickly so be prepared for a variety of conditions