My Guide Website?
York: River Ouse City Cruise974 Reviews
Spend a relaxing hour on the River Ouse and see the sights of York from a different perspective. With the flexibility of an anytime ticket, you'll enjoy the entertaining and informative commentary of a live guide at the time of day of your choice.
- Admire York’s historic sites from a different perspective with an anytime ticket
- Enjoy the informative and entertaining live commentary
- Sip your favorite drink, available at the fully stocked bar on board
DescriptionThe York City Cruise provides an entertaining and informative tour of the historic city as seen from the River Ouse. Enjoy the sights from a different perspective as a friendly and knowledgeable team guides you leisurely up and downstream. Your cruise departs from the King's Staith landing. Admire the scenery from the comfort of the enclosed saloon or the upper deck and treat yourself to a refreshing drink from the bar. The duration of the cruise is either 45 minutes or 1 hour and is determined by the weather on the day and by demand. Your ticket will be valid for whatever duration is offered on the day of your visit. Typically the 1-hour cruise follows a route that heads upstream to Clifton Bridge on the northern outskirts of York city and then downstream as far as the Millennium Bridge on the city’s southern outskirts, before returning back upstream to the original landing stage. The 45-minute cruise operates in the same area without going quite as far in either direction, passing through the center of the walled city. During the cruise, the captain will keep you entertained with live commentary about the sites you pass. Learn about York’s history of flooding and its prosperity as an inland port, as you sail along the river that brought the Romans and the Vikings to this site. You’ll sail on a vessel that features an enclosed and heated saloon, restrooms, and a fully stocked bar serving beers, wines, spirits, soft drinks, hot drinks, and snacks.
IncludesRiver cruise Live commentary Access to on-board facilities (bar, restroom)
- Please note that the River Ouse in York can occasionally rise to levels that can have an impact on this cruise's daily operations after periods of heavy rainfall in the catchment area upstream
- The local operators will always attempt to sail, so long as it is safe to do so. There can come a point where the smallest boat can no longer fit underneath the bridges
- Depending on the height of the waters, they may not be able to sail at all. In this instance, you will either be eligible for a full refund or your ticket(s) will happily be accepted on another date during your stay if sailing is possible • Otherwise, your ticket is valid on one York Sightseeing Cruise departing on the named date sailing between 10:30 AM and 3:00 PM