My Guide Website?
3-day Yorkshire Dales and Peak District Tour from Manchester5 Reviews
Travel through the best of Northern England on this tour to York, Chatsworth House, the Peak District and more. On this 3-day small-group tour from Manchester, you explore all of it in the comfort of a luxury, 16 seat mini-coach.
- Explore Castleton - This beautiful village shelters in the shadow of the scenic Shivering Mountain.
- Take in the beauty of Chatsworth House - A magnificent grand house of the Devonshire family
- Enjoy the architecture of Goathland Village, set in a rugged moorland.
- Visit Robin Hood's Bay offering a stunning contrast between its dainty cottages and rugged cliffs.
- Admire the Monsal Headstone Viaduct.
DescriptionDay 1: Travel to the Peak District. In the late morning, you will arrive in Castleton. This quaint old town attracts travelers from all over the world for its quintessential English charm. Nearby, there are caves, a beautiful view up a valley, and an insightful information center. Venture to the beautiful valley at Monsal Head. There’s an old rail line viaduct that emerges from the green hills. It’s a gorgeous structure with an impressive history. If you’re hungry, then you’re in luck, because you’re stopping for lunch in Bakewell. Not only is this town delicious to look at, but it’s also the home of one of England’s most famous desserts, the Bakewell Pudding. After savoring every last crumb, head over to Chatsworth House. This luxurious stately home is incredible; you can admire the architecture, get lost in a massive maze, or praise precious art. Finally, head off in the early evening to your overnight stop in York. Day 2: Full-day Tour of York Spend your morning in York. Visit a chocolate museum, find out about the Vikings, or just stroll around the ancient walls. Around midday, leave York and head to Goathland. This town was used in the Harry Potter movies and is situated in one of the largest expanses of heather moorland in the UK. Your next stop is Whitby. This is the type of town everyone dreams of retiring in. There’s a beautifully-located, ruined abbey; old stone steps curving around viewpoints; and a lovely little beach to play about on. After exploring all the nooks and crannies of Whitby, travel to Robin Hood’s Bay. They doubt if the real Robin Hood ever came here, but there are still plenty of smugglers tales dotted around this remarkable harbor village. Finally, arrive back in York in the early evening. Day 3: Touring, Lunch, and Returning to Manchester Take the road to Fountains Abbey. This is one of the largest ruined abbeys in England and part of an important UNESCO Heritage site. Then find yourself surrounded by some of England’s most lovely waterfalls at AysgarthEnjoy a delicious lunch of Wensleydale's famous cheese and crackers. After lunch, travel past the epic Ribblehead railway viaduct before having a short snoop around the old castle-topped town of Clitheroe. In the evening, arrive in Manchester.
Includes2 nights B&B accommodation with breakfast Transportation in a luxury 16-seat mini coach Professional and entertaining local driver/ guide
- The guesthouses may be up to 20 minutes walk from the town centre
- Minimum age to participate is 5 years
- En-suite accommodation will be drawn from a selection of small, locally-owned guesthouses and B&Bs in the town of York
- This tour can also depart from 'Manchester Airport Train Station, M90 3RR', please contact our Sales team within 48 hours of your booking to change your departure point. Please quote your booking reference to help our team respond to your enquiry efficiently