My Guide Website?
From York: Moors, Whitby, and the Yorkshire Steam Railway144 Reviews
Explore the picturesque North York Moors National Park and the moorland villages of Hutton-le-Hole and Goathland. Enjoy 2 hours of free time in Whitby and take an optional ride on the steam train.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in York:If youʻre booking your trip to York last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- 3-day Yorkshire Dales and Peak District Tour from Manchester
- Comedy Horror Show: York Ghost Bus Tour
- York: Witches and History Old Town Walking Tour
- From York: North York Moors and Whitby Guided Tour
- From York: Moors, Whitby, and the Yorkshire Steam Railway
- Explore the North York Moors National Park
- Visit the seaside town of Whitby
- Enjoy the traditional English moorland villages of Hutton-le-Hole and Goathland
- Discover film location sites from Harry Potter and Heartbeat
- Learn how Whitby Abbey inspired the story of Dracula
DescriptionLeave the city and travel through the Vale of York, learning about life in Yorkshire as you head for the first stop in the traditional National Park village of Hutton-le-Hole. Pass the 16th-century Lion Inn on Blakey Ridge at the highest point of the moors. See some of the pretty villages on the way to Whitby and hear stories from the seaside town’s history. Choose how you want to spend your two and a half hours in Whitby. See the Abbey, visit the Captain Cook attractions, shop for gothic fashion or enjoy a fish and chips lunch, the choice is yours. Opt to spend less time in Whitby and climb aboard a steam train on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway at a special discounted rate, paid locally on the day. See Hogsmeade Station from the Harry Potter movies and more. Alternatively, journey to Goathland by minibus in time see the other passengers arrive by steam train. Explore the fictional village of Aidensfield from the TV show, Heartbeat. Learn the history behind the mysterious RAF Fylingdales Pyramid on Snod Hill and see the Hole of Horcum before heading back towards York through the Howardian Hills with panoramic views of Castle Howard.
IncludesDriver/guide Transportation by air-conditioned minibus
- This tour operates with a maximum 16 passengers
- You must be at least 5 years old to take part