Best Traditional pubs in York
Local Recommendations from our My Guide York team
What is a traditional Pub? York has many places to eat and drink from classy wine bars to student bars and everything in between but a traditional pub is where you can relax with a drink and chat to friends without having to shout over the music.
There are lots of traditional style pubs in York. One of the quaintest is the Blue Bell in Fossgate which has not changed inside for decades, it is worth going for a quiet pint here to appreciate the unique atmosphere.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in York:If youʻre booking your trip to York last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- 3-day Yorkshire Dales and Peak District Tour from Manchester
- Comedy Horror Show: York Ghost Bus Tour
- York: Witches and History Old Town Walking Tour
- From York: North York Moors and Whitby Guided Tour
- From York: Moors, Whitby, and the Yorkshire Steam Railway