My Guide Website?
York: Self-Guided City Walk & Interactive Treasure Hunt
Adventure through the streets of York to unlock a secret trail. Solve puzzles and complete challenges on your smartphone, earning points along the way. Learn some history fun facts about the city too!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in York:If youʻre booking your trip to York last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Go Quest Adventures turns the streets of York Into An Adventure Playground!
- Earn Points during your Quest then see where you rank on the City's Leaderboard
- Explore main sights, hidden gems and discover fun facts along the way.
- Self-guided through the free Go Quest Adventures App. Add up to 5 players.
- It's a walking tour and interactive treasure hunt with an escape room twist!
DescriptionExplore the streets of York's city centre and unlock a hidden trail by finding clues, solving puzzles & completing challenges, earning points along the way all self-guided through the Go Quest Adventures app. See the area's highlights, explore it's hidden gems and learn some insider history and fun facts along the way (even locals will discover something new!). Famous for its Roman walls, Viking heritage, medieval splendour and of course the beautiful and grand Minster, York has over 2000 years of history and a city abundant in character and experiences. Although small in size it’s a city full of old traditions, quirky details and lasting charm which makes it the perfection destination to explore. As the Quest is self guided you can: * Start your Quest whenever you want, get instant access with nothing to print off from home * Go as fast as you want and try to top the leaderboard, or go at your own pace, stopping for rest breaks along the way. Your Quest will begin in the beautiful Museum Gardens with the incredible remains of St. Mary’s abbey, then winds you through the city’s historic walls, in and out of its unique snickelways, down the famous Shambles and back to the iconic Minster. During your Quest you might discover York’s secret cats, learn about a quirky collector and where Roald Dahl received some inspiration and, as one of the most haunted places in Europe, hear a ghost story or two! So grab your Viking helmet put on some comfy shoes, and get ready to explore the sights, discover hidden gems and ultimately, conquer your York Quest! This is an ideal outdoor activity for couples, families, groups of friends, school groups and can be the perfect team building or corporate activity. Customised Quests and group packages are available by emailing email@example.com. Get Questing today!
IncludesYour Quest will be self guided through the Go Quest Adventures App that you will need to download on your own mobile device. You can find the Go Quest Adventures app on both the App Store and the GooglePlay Store.
- Suggested to bring pen & paper with you to help solve puzzles This is an outdoor activity, so wear appropriate clothing One ticket includes up to 5 people Although your Quest can be played anytime, we suggest daylight hours to find clues & solve puzzles The Quest is 2 miles long. There are cafes and rest stops along the way Time to complete depends on each group & number of rest breaks (or shopping sprees!), but can take on average, 2.5 - 3.5+ hours Your Quest will be played on an app that can be downloaded from the Apple or Google Play Stores