My Guide Website?
York: Self-Guided City Sightseeing Treasure Hunt65 Reviews
Join a mobile-based treasure hunt taking you on a route designed to show you the best of York, highlighting its most popular landmarks as well as hidden gems.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in York:If youʻre booking your trip to York last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover the best of York on a self-guided, mobile-based treasure hunt
- Solve satisfying clues and follow beautiful maps sent to your phones
- Explore popular landmarks as well as some of the city’s hidden gems
- Learn interesting facts about York and fun stories along the way
DescriptionEmbark on a self-guided treasure hunt for a fun and unique way to explore York outdoors at your own pace. Get clues sent to your phone and search your surroundings for the answers as you are led on a beautiful route through fabulous places. Start your treasure hunt in the fabulous Museum Gardens in the center of York. Play using your phones, on which you’ll meet Captain Bess, a snarky pirate who’s testing out new recruits to join her ship. Receive beautiful treasure maps leading you from one spot to the next. Find yourselves sneaking through a series of small streets and footpaths, passing medieval churches, and guildhalls. Use the sent clues to search for your surroundings. When you get the right answer, move on to the next place. Don’t worry, if you get stuck you can ask for a hint to help you on your way. Learn some interesting facts and stories along the way about the things you're spotting and get a better understanding of the history of York.
IncludesMobile weblink-based treasure hunt
- A ticket is required for each participant You will receive a weblink to open on your mobile browser. The screen layout works just like WhatsApp and is very easy to use. You don't need to print or downloading anything The treasure hunt must be completed in daylight, as it's impossible to find clues in the dark The game time depends on how quickly you complete the hunt, with the average between 1.5 to 2.5 hours. You will cover around 2 miles and the route is step-free For larger groups, multiple games (to split the group) can be played 5 minutes apart