My Guide Website?
York: Romans, Vikings, and Medieval Marvels Audio Guide10 Reviews
Hear about the Romans, Vikings, and medieval characters who built modern York with an audio guide of the city. See major sights like the Multangular Tower, York Minister, and Bootham Bar.
- Be transported back to ancient times as you stroll through 2000 years of history
- Learn about the most important figures in York's history, from Vikings to Romans
- Walk at your own pace and feel free to linger at spots that peak your interest
- Use the virtual option to see York's sights from the comfort of your own home
- Benefit from a flexible audio guide with lifetime access if your plans change
DescriptionSee York and its most iconic sights without the expense or time constraints of a group tour with this affordable audio guide. Stroll past the city's most iconic landmarks, including the Shambles and York Minster. Start at York Art Gallery and travel back in time through 2000 years of history as you stroll. Experience Roman, Viking, and medieval York, and see the city's great sights as well as its hidden gems. Learn the history of this city and the central role it has played in the history of England. Continue past iconic sights like the Shambles, one of the world's best-preserved medieval streets, and spot the story of Adam and Eve carved into York Minster’s Great West Door. Uncover some of the most important characters in York's development along the way, from its humble beginnings as a riverside Roman settlement, to its turbulent takeover by the Vikings, and on to its thriving medieval period of commerce. Feel free to start, pause, or restart at any time and complete your visit at your own pace. If your travel plans change, you can use the audio guide at any date of your choice or use the virtual in-app option for an at-home experience.
IncludesLifetime audio guide access App for Android and iOS Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- The audio guide uses a smartphone app This tour follows a set route and includes turn-by-turn directions. It works best if you start it in the right place and follow the directions from one location to the next