My Guide Website?
York: City Chronicles Historical Walking Tour72 Reviews
Immerse yourself in the history, myths, and legends of York on a guided walking tour. Walk in the footsteps of Romans, Vikings, and the infamous and famous. Discover life through the ages in the city.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in York:If youʻre booking your trip to York last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Walk in the footsteps of Romans, Vikings, Kings and Queens
- Walk the UK's finest medieval walled defences!
- History, Myths, legends, discover the people who created York through the ages.
- See Yorks hidden secrets off the beaten track
- All key locations covered. Minster, Shambles, Bar Walls
DescriptionImmerse your self in the real history of York! We'll take you in the footsteps of Roman Emperors who shaped the mightiest of Empires, regale you in tales of Viking invasion, follow the route of Monarchs, the infamous, the saintly and see how we all shaped the story of this amazing city. From the rise of Gothic Cathedrals, to medieval walled defences see what shaped a city once second only to London. Discover the Guilds and their economic influence on the rise of this city and our democracy. Through the history, myths and legends you'll discover the story of York and all those who went before you. Our tour concludes at All Saints Pavement Church with it's famous lantern tower and insight into one of the more unique church services in Britain. Welcome to the Sceptred Isle walking tour- The story of Britain!
IncludesWalking tour Guide
- The tour takes place all weathers. The tour includes heights and uneven streets.