My Guide Website?
From York: Full-Day Yorkshire Dales Tour50 Reviews
Explore the stunning scenery of the Yorkshire Dales National Park on this guided day trip from York, visiting Bolton Castle, Askrigg, Kettlewell, Pateley Bridge and the traditional Dales Market Town of Hawes, the home of Yorkshire Wensleydale Cheese.
- Explore the stunning landscape of the Yorkshire Dales National Park
- See the 14th-century Bolton Castle, former home to Mary Queen of Scots
- Sample the range of cheeses at the award-winning Wensleydale Creamery Visitor Centre
- Learn the story behind the Calendar Girls movie in the traditional Dales village of Kettlewell
- Visit the Oldest Sweet Shop in the world at Pateley Bridge
DescriptionLeave York at 9:00 AM to explore the stunning landscape of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Stop at the 14th-century Bolton Castle, former home of Mary Queen of Scots, to enjoy the magnificent views over Wensleydale. Next, enjoy some free time in Hawes. Sample the cheeses at the world famous Wensleydale Creamery, visit the Dales Countryside Museum, or explore the quaint shops and cafes. Move on to the heart of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Pass through the picturesque villages on the way to Kettlewell, the main filming location for the Calendar Girls movie. Explore the village, learn more about the true story behind the movie, or relax with the locals in one of the pubs and cafes. Finally, stop in the charming town of Pateley Bridge, winner in the Great British High Street Competition in 2016. Visit the oldest sweet shop in the world before heading back to York, arriving at around 5:15 PM.
IncludesFriendly and knowledgeable driver/guide Transport by air-conditioned mini-coach Relaxed and friendly small-group tour Regular photo/refreshment/toilet stops
- The tour operates with a maximum of 16 passengers
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated, providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Between November and March, depending upon weather conditions, this tour may follow a different route through the Dales after Hawes