My Guide Website?
York: Self-Steer Boat Rental517 Reviews
Try your hand at skippering your own boat by hiring one of these nippy little self-steer boats. They are fantastic fun, safe, and easy to pilot. Suitable for up to 8 passengers.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in York:If youʻre booking your trip to York last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Steer your own motor boat on the same river that the Vikings travelled on
- See the picturesque sights of York's riverscape at your own pace
- Bring a hamper and non-alcoholic drinks with you, and enjoy a picnic on board
DescriptionEnjoy a leisurely one hour hire, exploring York from the helm of your own self-steer motorboat. Become a captain and explore the sites of York’s riverside in style. Your private boat can accommodate up to 8 people and will provide plenty of room for you all to head out on your own aquatic adventure, exploring the same river that brought the Vikings to this beautiful city. You will receive full instructions on how to operate your motor boat along with safety and river rules, whilst life jackets will be provided for any children. Your boat operating area is along a route that will along you to take in the whole city from the river within the one hour. Additionally, on a half hour hire you can operate within this area and will be able to take in most of the built up section of the Ouse, or make your way down stream to the Millennium Bridge and back to the moorings again. Please note that the boats cannot be taken past Clifton Bridge or the Millennium Bridge. You are not allowed to moor the boat up and disembark at any point on the river other than at the at King’s Staith (where your hire first began).
IncludesLife jackets (compulsory for children aged 10 and under) Full instructions on how to drive the boat, the area of operation and the rules of the river
- Hires will begin on the hour from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM on weekdays and at either 10:00 AM or 11:00 AM on weekends and Bank Holidays (there may be a wait of up to 15 minutes during peak times). The person hiring the boat must be at least 18 years old and be able to provide a valid means of ID
- People under the influence of alcohol are not permitted on board and no alcohol is to be taken on board
- You are more than welcome to bring a picnic and soft drinks along with you to enjoy on board
- You will then be required to bring a cash security deposit with you on the day of travel (minimum £40)
- Once you have pre-booked online with GetYourGuide, you will still be required to meet the conditions of hire on arrival at the jetty. NOTE: If you do not meet the conditions of hire you will be refused
- You are welcome to bring your own non-alcoholic drinks and snacks on board