My Guide Website?
York: Bishopthorpe Palace Christmas Cruise26 Reviews
This relaxing cruise is an ideal way to escape the busy shopping streets and step into the Christmas spirit. Your ticket includes a choice of hot drink (tea, coffee or hot chocolate) and a mince or apple pie.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in York:If youʻre booking your trip to York last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- See the stunning riverside residence of the Archbishop of York
- Learn about Bishopthorpe Palace
- Enjoy a hot drink and mince or apple pie
- Listen to traditional Christmas background music
DescriptionThe Bishopthorpe Palace Christmas Cruise is an ideal way to escape the busy shopping streets and step into the Christmas spirit. Your ticket includes a choice of hot drink (tea, coffee or hot chocolate) and a mince or apple pie.The one-hour relaxing cruise features traditional Christmas songs, punctuated with live captain’s commentary. Leave from old port district at King’s Staith, pass underneath the Millennium Bridge before leaving the outskirts of the city and sail past the site of the Battle of Fulford, arguably one of the most significant in the history of the United Kingdom. Experience a fantastic chance to look out for wildlife including swans, cormorants and kingfishers, as you leave the city centre and sail downstream to the village of Bishopthorpe. The vessel turns at the glorious 13th century Bishopthorpe Palace, official residence of the Archbishop of York. Your vessel will be equipped with an enclosed heated saloon, at least two toilets and a fully stocked bar serving beers, wines, spirits, soft drinks, hot drinks and snacks.
IncludesRiver cruise Choice of hot drink and mince or apple pie Live commentary Christmas background music Access to on-board facilities (bar, rest room)
- •Please note that the River Ouse in York can occasionally rise to levels that can have an impact on this cruise's daily operations after periods of heavy rainfall in the catchment area upstream
- The local operators will always attempt to sail, so long as it is safe to do so. There can come a point where the smallest boat can no longer fit underneath the bridges
- Depending on the height of the waters, they may not be able to sail at all. In this instance, you will either be eligible for a full refund or your ticket(s) will happily be accepted on another date during your stay if sailing is possible