My Guide Website?
Guided Cycling Tour of York87 Reviews
This tour will take you off the beaten track to fascinating places you won’t see on a typical bus or walking tour. Traveling on cycle paths and designated lanes at a leisurely pace, you'll discover factual and good-humored facts about the history of York
- Learn about the history with a good humoured look at the fascinating and often grisly past of York
- Cycle along river paths, parks and quiet back streets of the city with frequent stops
- Cycle to places that walking and bus tours don't take you at speeds of 1,000 years an hour
DescriptionExplore the ancient city of York on a thoroughly modern bike with an entertaining and knowledgeable guide. This tour will take you off the beaten track to fascinating historic places you won’t see on a typical bus or walking tour. You will travel at a safe and leisurely pace, staying on cycle paths and designated lanes for most of the ride. York has always been a magnet for visitors. There were the Romans, of course, who first settled in the area in AD 71. In the 9th century, the Vikings dropped in for an eventful 200-year stay. The year 1068 saw the arrival of the besieging forces of William the Conqueror, and in the 17th century, York was a hotspot in the English Civil War. Although today’s residents much more fun to be around, those of the past have all left their marks and their stories. Although factual, the cycle tours are designed as a good-humored look at the fascinating and often grisly past of York. The tours take about 2 hours, and our average traveling speed is 900 years an hour.
IncludesGuided 2 to 2.5 hours bike tour Bike (with bell and mudguards) Helmet
- Am I required to wear a helmet? No, but for safety’s sake, we strongly recommend it. A range of adjustable helmets available, or feel free to bring your own.
- Is the tour suitable for children? The minimum age for riders is 12 years, and 12 to 16-year-olds must be accompanied by a responsible adult. Sorry, no exceptions. It is also recommended that ‘soon-to-be-mums' avoid the tour as a precautionary measure.
- What do I need to bring? Comfortable riding clothes to match the weather, closed shoes are recommended.