Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island Early Access Tour
Enjoy views of New York on a 3.5-hour early access tour of the Statue of Liberty. Take one of the 1st ferries to Liberty Island, and climb to the pedestal of “Lady Liberty.” Then, enjoy a guided tour of Ellis Island Immigration Center museum.
Are you a business owner in York?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to York.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Catch an early ferry to the Statue of Liberty for a tour before the crowds arrive
- Climb to the pedestal of the Statue of Liberty for impressive views of Manhattan
- Experience the process immigrants to America went through on Ellis Island
- Learn about the memorials of Battery Park
- Stay on Ellis Island to explore at leisure, or return to the mainland with your guide
- Walk the Stairs of Separation at Ellis Island Immigration Museum
DescriptionLearn the history of one of New York’s most iconic monuments on an half-day early access tour of the Statue of Liberty. Meet your guide for a little context of the sites around Battery Park. See memorials that many tourists miss, and hear stories about Castle Clinton National Monument, Pier A Harbor House, the American Merchant Mariner’s Memorial, the Sphere, and New York Korean War Veteran’s Memorial. Then, take the ferry to Liberty Island, enjoying priority boarding to get the best seats. Arrive at the Statue of Liberty before the crowds for stunning views back over the city. Follow your guide up to the pedestal, getting closer to “Lady Liberty” than on a regular visit. Learn how she was gifted to the US by France, and designed by their finest architects, including Gustav Eiffel. Hear how she wasn’t as warmly received as you might think, and about the struggle that got her on her feet and made her special to the people of New York. Climb back on the ferry to cross to Ellis Island. Follow in the footsteps of 12 million immigrants, and learn about the process they went through to settle in America. Walk the Stairs of Separation to understand the island’s 2 very different names: “The Island of Hope” and “The Island of Tears.” Explore the museum’s impressive collection of interactive displays. Feel free to stay on Ellis Island a little longer to explore at leisure, or head back to the mainland with your guide by ferry.
IncludesLocal guide Tour of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Museum Pedestal tickets for the Statue of Liberty All ferry tickets between Battery Park, the Statue of Liberty, and Ellis Island Priority ferry boarding from Battery Park to the Statue of Liberty Statue of Liberty Crown Gratuities Hotel pick-up and drop off Food and drinks
- • Tour participants must be able to climb and descend 215 stairs from the Statue lobby to the top of the pedestal • Please note that guests will need to pass through airport style security to enter the Statue of Liberty. Certain items are not permitted in the Statue of Liberty, and such items will be confiscated and not returned. Please refer to the Statue of Liberty’s guidelines on specific prohibited items • Please be aware that upon arrival at Liberty Island, if you are carrying a backpack or large bag, you will be required to put your bag(s) into a locker at a cost of $2, payable in bills only (no coins accepted). Please be sure to have dollar bills for the lockers • This tour is offered in English only
- Please note, early access to Statue of Liberty and arrival before the crowds is only applicable if 8:30 AM/9:00 AM departure is selected
Easy cancellationCancel up to 3 days in advance for a full refund
You may also like
New Central Park Movie Sites Walking Tour
Stroll through New York’s Central Park on a 2-hour guided walking tour to see sites from the many films shot in the world’s most famous park, from blockbuster movies11 ReviewsFrom £24.36
New York City: Brooklyn, Queens and Bronx Tour in Spanish
Explore the boroughs of Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx on a guided Spanish-speaking tour of New York City. Visit ethnic communities where the native language, culture and39 ReviewsFrom £46.37
Central Park Sightseeing Bike Tour
Get acquainted with Central Park located in the heart of NYC by bike. The fantastic licensed NYC tour guides ensure that you won’t miss a single historical monument, pa51 Reviews
One World Observatory Entry and 9/11 Memorial Tour
Visit the 9/11 Memorial, St. Paul's Chapel, The Fireman's Memorial, Brookfield Place, the Oculus and more on a guided tour of The World Trade Center. Also, receive an adm9 Reviews
Washington DC to New York Day Trip by Rail
From the Capital of Government to the Capital of Tourism, enjoy a one day trip by rail from Washington DC to New York including sightseeing, dining, and shopping.From £266.42
Private Soho, Chinatown & Little Italy Tour
Come explore three unique neighborhoods with rich history and see some of the sites these places have to offer.From £44.01
New SoHo Wine Tasting and Walking Tour
Visit two premium wine destinations in SoHo during your wine tasting walking tour. At each stop, sample world-class wines matched with delicious cuisine while your certif
Central Park Tandem Bike Rentals
What better way to get acquainted with NYC than on two wheels? Whether you just want a couple of hours to cruise around the park, or a whole day to see every neighborhood7 ReviewsFrom £25.67
2.5-Hour Sunset Walking Tour of Central Park
Explore New York City's Central Park during the most romantic time of the day: sunset. Learn about the park's history while taking in famous sites like the Strawberry Fie2 ReviewsFrom £41.26
New SuperNY Combo Package
Discover the sights and sounds of New York and the city's iconic highlights with an incredible discount bundle, including transportation, tour and attraction deals.From £196.47