Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island Early Access Tour
Enjoy views of New York on a 3.5-hour early access tour of the Statue of Liberty. Take one of the 1st ferries to Liberty Island, and climb to the pedestal of “Lady Liberty.” Then, enjoy a guided tour of Ellis Island Immigration Center museum.
Are you a business owner in York?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to York.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Catch an early ferry to the Statue of Liberty for a tour before the crowds arrive
- Climb to the pedestal of the Statue of Liberty for impressive views of Manhattan
- Experience the process immigrants to America went through on Ellis Island
- Learn about the memorials of Battery Park
- Stay on Ellis Island to explore at leisure, or return to the mainland with your guide
- Walk the Stairs of Separation at Ellis Island Immigration Museum
DescriptionLearn the history of one of New York’s most iconic monuments on an half-day early access tour of the Statue of Liberty. Meet your guide for a little context of the sites around Battery Park. See memorials that many tourists miss, and hear stories about Castle Clinton National Monument, Pier A Harbor House, the American Merchant Mariner’s Memorial, the Sphere, and New York Korean War Veteran’s Memorial. Then, take the ferry to Liberty Island, enjoying priority boarding to get the best seats. Arrive at the Statue of Liberty before the crowds for stunning views back over the city. Follow your guide up to the pedestal, getting closer to “Lady Liberty” than on a regular visit. Learn how she was gifted to the US by France, and designed by their finest architects, including Gustav Eiffel. Hear how she wasn’t as warmly received as you might think, and about the struggle that got her on her feet and made her special to the people of New York. Climb back on the ferry to cross to Ellis Island. Follow in the footsteps of 12 million immigrants, and learn about the process they went through to settle in America. Walk the Stairs of Separation to understand the island’s 2 very different names: “The Island of Hope” and “The Island of Tears.” Explore the museum’s impressive collection of interactive displays. Feel free to stay on Ellis Island a little longer to explore at leisure, or head back to the mainland with your guide by ferry.
IncludesLocal guide Tour of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Museum Pedestal tickets for the Statue of Liberty All ferry tickets between Battery Park, the Statue of Liberty, and Ellis Island Priority ferry boarding from Battery Park to the Statue of Liberty Statue of Liberty Crown Gratuities Hotel pick-up and drop off Food and drinks
- • Tour participants must be able to climb and descend 215 stairs from the Statue lobby to the top of the pedestal • Please note that guests will need to pass through airport style security to enter the Statue of Liberty. Certain items are not permitted in the Statue of Liberty, and such items will be confiscated and not returned. Please refer to the Statue of Liberty’s guidelines on specific prohibited items • Please be aware that upon arrival at Liberty Island, if you are carrying a backpack or large bag, you will be required to put your bag(s) into a locker at a cost of $2, payable in bills only (no coins accepted). Please be sure to have dollar bills for the lockers • This tour is offered in English only
- Please note, early access to Statue of Liberty and arrival before the crowds is only applicable if 8:30 AM/9:00 AM departure is selected
Easy cancellationCancel up to 3 days in advance for a full refund
You may also like
New York City: Half-Day Harlem & Bronx Bike Tour
Take an incredible 25-mile cycling tour of the Bronx and Upper Manhattan. See the areas of NYC that others do not dare with stops at Yankee Stadium, breathtaking views of
Sex and the City Hotspots Tour
Explore the Manhattan immortalized in the TV series and Hollywood movies of Sex and the City. See more than 40 New York locations from the sexy, sassy series and walk in431 ReviewsFrom £38.51
New Central Park 2-Hour Guided Walking Tour
Learn the history of New York’s Central Park on a 2-hour guided walk, and get an introduction to some of the gems of the park’s monuments, ponds, fountains, and point27 ReviewsFrom £20.54
Brooklyn Navy Yard: World War II Tour
This tour aims to evoke a sense of what the Brooklyn Navy Yard was like during the WWII period for the people who proved critical in the war effort.
New York City: Madame Tussauds Ticket
New York City's Madame Tussauds in Times Square is the only place with no ropes or barriers holding you back from getting photos with your favorite stars. It was voted as7 Reviews
Broadway Theater District Walking Tour in New York
Discover Broadway's backstage stories on a walking tour of New York's famous Theater District! Learn captivating behind-the-scenes history led by a Broadway actor guide,22 Reviews
Central Park Bike Rentals
Explore Central Park and Manhattan by bike! Experience New York City's major tourist attractions at your own pace with a personal bike rental, available in a variety of d287 ReviewsFrom £17.12
Top of The Rock Ticket and New York Sights Day Tour
Experience the best of Manhattan on this full-day tour including lunch and a 1-hour harbor cruise. Enjoy admission to the observatory at the Top of the Rock for amazing v14 ReviewsFrom £101.38
River Ouse Floodlit Evening Cruise
Experience a romantic evening on the River Ouse. Enjoy a glass of wine on board the Floodlit Evening Cruise, after an evening meal at one of York’s many fine restaurant12 Reviews
Statue of Liberty Sail On The Classic Schooner Shearwater
Join us aboard the Shearwater for a thrilling way to visit New York’s magnificent harbor. These 90-minute day sails offer the perfect opportunity to sit back and relax13 Reviews