Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island Early Access Tour
Enjoy views of New York on a 3.5-hour early access tour of the Statue of Liberty. Take one of the 1st ferries to Liberty Island, and climb to the pedestal of “Lady Liberty.” Then, enjoy a guided tour of Ellis Island Immigration Center museum.
Are you a business owner in York?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to York.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Catch an early ferry to the Statue of Liberty for a tour before the crowds arrive
- Climb to the pedestal of the Statue of Liberty for impressive views of Manhattan
- Experience the process immigrants to America went through on Ellis Island
- Learn about the memorials of Battery Park
- Stay on Ellis Island to explore at leisure, or return to the mainland with your guide
- Walk the Stairs of Separation at Ellis Island Immigration Museum
DescriptionLearn the history of one of New York’s most iconic monuments on an half-day early access tour of the Statue of Liberty. Meet your guide for a little context of the sites around Battery Park. See memorials that many tourists miss, and hear stories about Castle Clinton National Monument, Pier A Harbor House, the American Merchant Mariner’s Memorial, the Sphere, and New York Korean War Veteran’s Memorial. Then, take the ferry to Liberty Island, enjoying priority boarding to get the best seats. Arrive at the Statue of Liberty before the crowds for stunning views back over the city. Follow your guide up to the pedestal, getting closer to “Lady Liberty” than on a regular visit. Learn how she was gifted to the US by France, and designed by their finest architects, including Gustav Eiffel. Hear how she wasn’t as warmly received as you might think, and about the struggle that got her on her feet and made her special to the people of New York. Climb back on the ferry to cross to Ellis Island. Follow in the footsteps of 12 million immigrants, and learn about the process they went through to settle in America. Walk the Stairs of Separation to understand the island’s 2 very different names: “The Island of Hope” and “The Island of Tears.” Explore the museum’s impressive collection of interactive displays. Feel free to stay on Ellis Island a little longer to explore at leisure, or head back to the mainland with your guide by ferry.
IncludesLocal guide Tour of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Museum Pedestal tickets for the Statue of Liberty All ferry tickets between Battery Park, the Statue of Liberty, and Ellis Island Priority ferry boarding from Battery Park to the Statue of Liberty Statue of Liberty Crown Gratuities Hotel pick-up and drop off Food and drinks
- • Tour participants must be able to climb and descend 215 stairs from the Statue lobby to the top of the pedestal • Please note that guests will need to pass through airport style security to enter the Statue of Liberty. Certain items are not permitted in the Statue of Liberty, and such items will be confiscated and not returned. Please refer to the Statue of Liberty’s guidelines on specific prohibited items • Please be aware that upon arrival at Liberty Island, if you are carrying a backpack or large bag, you will be required to put your bag(s) into a locker at a cost of $2, payable in bills only (no coins accepted). Please be sure to have dollar bills for the lockers • This tour is offered in English only
- Please note, early access to Statue of Liberty and arrival before the crowds is only applicable if 8:30 AM/9:00 AM departure is selected
Easy cancellationCancel up to 3 days in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Central Park 5-Star Bike Tour
Enjoy a Central Park bicycle tour and learn more about this legendary location.4 ReviewsFrom £35.37
New York City: Little Italy Italian Food Tasting Tour
Savor the flavors of Italy American style on a 2-hour food tour of Manhattan’s most colorful neighborhood. Sample pizzas, prosciutto, and cheeses in Little Italy, and l17 ReviewsFrom £19.65
3 Neighborhoods Tour: Soho, Chinatown & Little Italy
Come explore three unique neighborhoods and see some of the sites these places have to offer.8 Reviews
South Brooklyn and Coney Island Bike Tour
Hop on a bike for a tour of South Brooklyn's most interesting neighborhoods and landmarks from Prospect Park to Coney Island. Enjoy some Brooklyn culinary classics and ex
New JFK Airport Private Limousine Transfer
Arrive in style at JFK airport with a private and luxury limousine transfer into Manhattan, Queens, or Brooklyn. Rely on a professional chauffeur to guide you to your des7 ReviewsFrom £173.68
Metropolitan Museum of Art & Museum of Natural History Tour
Visit two of the Big Apple’s most iconic museums in one day, allowing you to make the most of your time in New York. Join our enthusiastic guide on this 5 hour tour tha
Private Brooklyn & SoHo 2–Hour Tour with Photographer
Your personal photographer will capture you throughout SoHo, The Brooklyn Bridge and surrounding neighborhoods on this private tour. Additionally, you will receive sugges2 ReviewsFrom £231.84
New John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK) Private Transfer
Enjoy a private transfer between JFK Airport and New York City. Book your transfer to take the stress out of airport commutes. Create more time for your trip, relax and e
New York City: Night Tour by Bus and Entry to 1 Attraction
See the brilliant lights of New York City after dark on an evening tour by open-top double decker bus. Visit one attraction of your choice from a range of options.2 ReviewsFrom £69.95
New York Dinner Cruise
Cruise around Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty whilst dining on a Mediterranean-inspired 4-course dinner. Get stunning views of New York icons such as the Chrysler Bui3 Reviews