My Guide Website?
York City Chronicles - History walking tour26 Reviews
Immerse yourself in the history, myths & legends of York. Start outside York Minster, we'll walk in the footsteps of Romans, Vikings, the infamous and famous and discover, life through the ages.
- Walk in the footsteps of Romans, Vikings, Kings and Queens
- Walk the UK's finest medieval walled defences!
- History, Myths, legends, discover the people who created York through the ages.
- See Yorks hidden secrets off the beaten track
- All key locations covered. Minster, Shambles, Bar Walls
DescriptionImmerse your self in the real history of York! We'll take you in the footsteps of Roman Emperors who shaped the mightiest of Empires, regale you in tales of Viking invasion, follow the route of Monarchs, the infamous, the saintly and see how we all shaped the story of this amazing city. From the rise of Gothic Cathedrals, to medieval walled defences see what shaped a city once second only to London. Discover the Guilds and their economic influence on the rise of this city and our democracy. Through the history, myths and legends you'll discover the story of York and all those who went before you. Our tour concludes at All Saints Pavement Church with it's famous lantern tower and insight into one of the more unique church services in Britain. Welcome to the Sceptred Isle walking tour- The story of Britain!
IncludesYour guide will meet you 10 minutes before the departure at The statue of Constantine the Great, this can be found at there South side of York Minster.
- The tour takes place all weathers. The tour includes heights and uneven streets.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom£11.50Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today