My Guide Website?
York: Castle Howard House and Gardens Self-Guided Ticket57 Reviews
Castle Howard is one of Britain's finest historic houses, situated just outside York in the Howardian Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. There are over 300 years of history to enjoy and explore here, which you can discover at your leisure.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in York:If youʻre booking your trip to York last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the house at your own pace and see its architecture and interiors
- Enjoy stunning scenery all year round at the gardens and inside the house
- Take the train to the adventure playground, or take a boat on the Great Lake
- Discover the garden centre and farm shop then relax in one of the cafes
- See famous filming locations used in Bridgerton, The Great and Victoria
DescriptionEnjoy a stroll along grass terraces and lakeside paths with a trip to Castle Howard. Tour the castle either with a guide or with an audioguide at your own pace. Finish your journey at one of the many cafes or restaurants. First, discover seasonal colors in the woodland garden. Marvel at stunning displays including daffodils, rhododendrons, and roses. Then, Explore the 18th-century walled garden before entering the house for a tour at your own pace. Then, learn about a world-renowned collection of objects and artworks. Discover famous filming locations, including those from the Netflix smash hit Bridgerton, The Great, and Victoria. Finally, visit the Stable Courtyard and Garden Centre to enjoy relaxed shopping and eating in beautiful surroundings. Savor a traditional cream tea, sample the great collection of homemade cakes, or a lunch made from some of Yorkshire's finest produce.
IncludesEntrance to the Castle Howard House Entrance to the gardens Entrance to the Skelf Island Adventure Playground Parking
- Please note that strollers, wheelchairs, and selfie sticks are not allowed in the main house, but a secure storage area is provided for these items
- Cameras may be used with the flash turned off to preserve artifacts
- Dogs are welcome in the garden and grounds but must be kept on a lead • Only assistance dogs are allowed in the house